Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Lights at Temple Square

Every year we try to make it down to Salt Lake to see the lights at Temple Square. We were not really sure if we were going to make it this year, until Spence called me from work and said, "Let's go tonight." I packed the kids in the car, Mattie included, and we drove to Salt Lake to see the lights. It was not too cold, and thankfully too, because Chandler would not leave his coat on. I looked like the best mom ever with him running around coatless.



The kids watched the little narrative they have about the Nativity, and loved it. Hayley wanted me to take a picture of everything. I love this picture of Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. I think that it is absolutely beautiful.
After seeing the lights, we loaded back in the car and drove home. It was a quick trip and full of lots of memories. I love these little traditions that our little family has. I know that some people think that we are crazy for drive to Salt Lake and back in a matter of a few hours, but my kids love to go. I can't help but to count all of my blessings this time of year. Health, happiness, good jobs, wonderful gospel in which we firmly base all of our beliefs, a wonderful husband, and 4 beautiful children. I couldn't be happier in my life than I am right now.

2 comments:

Hogan Family said...

How fun. We are headed that way this weekend. Traditions are great!

The Allen's said...

I'm jealous! I want to go and see them! It makes me sad to be so far away from the lights!! :(