Monday, December 6, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

Spence's grandma gave the kids gingerbread house kits for an early Christmas gift.  They couldn't wait to put them together.  We finally gave in, knowing the mess that was to come with them. 


 They worked so hard.  I got the giggles on how differently each one of them decorated the houses, and how each kid reminded me of my sisters and me when we used to decorate gingerbread houses.  Chandler and Hayley just haphazardly put the candy on, not really caring the final outcome, just like April used to do.  Jordan has no creativity and copied the box, just like I would do.  Brock spent so much time on his and it had to be just right and he still was unhappy with the finished product, just like Angie.  It was so funny to me how they all came together, so differently.
 Jordan's and Brock's
Hayley's and Chandler's
My poor kitchen was covered in frosting and candy pieces, but I would do it again.  They had so much fun and admire their work every day.

No comments: