Saturday, May 22, 2010

I Made It!

Last weekend I went to Boise to run a 10k with my sister April.  She has been into running for a couple of years, and talked me into to running as well.  I started training a couple of months ago.  It was a great experience.  There was hundreds of people running, and the atmosphere was so energizing.  I ran the entire 6.2 miles in 1 hour and 4 minutes.  Faster than I ever thought that I could run.  Right when I turned to corner to cross the finish line, I looked up and Brock was leaning over and looking for me.  I got emotional when seeing my kids.  Kind of a weird thing to cry over, but I felt like I had accomplished a great thing.  I havn't ran in years, and it felt great. My mom went with me to watch my kids, and I am very grateful for her doing that. 
I have learned that running is such a natural high for me.  Now, April has talked me into running in a 12 person, 188 mile relay in June.  I am very excited, with a small dose of nervousness.  It will be a great experience!!!

3 comments:

Dawson/Dodge Family said...

Nice work! You look great Amber! Are you doing the Ragnar??

Rachelle said...

I was going to run the Ragnar with my bro and his wife and some friends but We will just be getting home from Mexica 2 days before the race and I doubt I will be in shape..haha..Good luck. Running is seriously awesome..

Hogan Family said...

Way to go girl! Running is a natural high for me as well. You look great!