Monday, March 15, 2010

My 8 Year Old

I cannot believe that I have an 8 year old.  It seems like I just had him.  Brock is such a great boy, and wonderful brother and a fantastic son.  He is always willing to help out and hardly ever complains.  I love watching him grow up.  He had his first Bishops interview yesterday for his baptism.  He sat there so grown up and answered all of the questions as if he were a pro. 
Brock was the best birthday present that I have ever received.  I had him on my 22nd birthday. (Yes, do the math, it is my birthday too.  Luckily I don't feel that old.)  If he would have been born 14 minutes later he would have been on the 16th.  It was a long hard 16 hours of labor, followed by a high stress c-section.  He was born as perfect as ever, with a ton of black hair.  I never thought that I could love a child like I did that day 8 years ago.  Happy Birthday Brock.  I hope that you have a wonderful day!!  

8 comments:

The Allen's said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMBER AND BROCK!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!

The McDonald's said...

Happy Birthday Brock and Amber! I hope you both have a wonderful day

Cody and Tami said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! :)

Eric and Tracey said...

Love you! Happy b-day. Cute cake too. :)

Trent and Stacie said...

Happy birthday to you and Brock! Hope you guys have a big party!

Ash said...

Hey Amber, Happy birthday!!! Hope you and Brock had a super day. I can't believe you have an 8 year old either. You are a super MOM!

Hogan Family said...

Happy birthday to Brock and you!! How is the 30s? Just another day here. Hope you had a nice day!

Tami said...

Hey Mommy Amber and Big Boy Brock...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We hope you both had a wonderful day.

(getting ready for your Special Day Brock...I can hardly wait (not)